We have houseguests again! - Always a welcome diversion and a chance to rediscover this and that. I don´t reckon I´ll ever tire of nipping up Pão de Açúcar. This lastest time included a sunset that I´ll remember for a while!
Anyhow - when people visit and I have to work, I try took line them up with a few bits and bobs to supplement what the Lonely Planet has to offer. And this time I`ve noticed that I`m actually starting to develop a slightly more natural rapport with this cidade maravilhosa. This in turn makes me feel like I actually (and only occasionally) know what I'm doing.
- I know bus numbers.
- I know where to peep out of the cab window to grab a cheeky view.
- I have first hand experience of at least a dozen conveyors of pork sandwiches.
- I have a carioca card. (though I don't really know why)
- I drink coffee sold from the back of some bloke`s car.
- I don't notice that the bus driver seems to be posessed by the devil anymore.
- I read the paper on the metro. (well.... I actually only read the easy bits)
- I'm developing a creative sense of timekeeping. (not sure if this is a good thing)
- I've started folding all my money into a big wedge that actually amounts to very little.
- I've used my credit card to buy a coffee.
- I've sat on a bench outside a restaurant queing to get in.
- I've worn outlandish fancy dress in public.
- I'm developing a tolerance for beer beyond my wildest dreams.
- I sometimes find myself eating a piece of toast with a napkin.
- I eat feijao in the pub with my 2 year old.
(still reckon it'll be a while before I go to the supermarket in a pair of swimming trolleys though)