Search This Blog

Tuesday 26 July 2011

Tell It Like It Is....

Pint for me, bag of nuts for her...


No one likes to know what's going on in the world more than a Carioca - as far as I can make out anyway. I just grabbed a couple of free papers on my way home - merely part of my highly effective 'turning Brasilian' regime. The reporting takes some getting used to.

The news here is pretty much the same as back home (with perhaps a couple more armed robberies here and there) - the difference is that it seems to be reported in the most brutal, stripped down to the facts fashion. Never before has teatime telly involved footage of so many mangled bodies being dragged from twisted road wreckage. Or closed circuit footage of an armed robbery where a couple of people actually get shot.

Maybe I've led a sheltered life. Dunno - but I do know that having seen gory footage of countless real life human roadkill incidents, I make a special point out of looking both ways.

As I write this I'm watching Mais Voce on Globo. A barking bonkers mad woman is sharing her thoughts on life in general with a plastic parrot sat on the wall. I've seen a couple of robberies and two people get run over in 20 minutes. All with a choice selection of Amy Winehouse's finest playing in the background. Tasteful? Respectful? - you tell me.

1 comment:

  1. kkkkkkkkkkkkkkk, achei muito engraçado a ponte com o ''Mais você'' kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

    ReplyDelete

Try one of these....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...Ese